CARNIVAL TUESDAY.... And Real Life Strikes Back!


Make mas', not war!












Guess what she was wearing in front?



Sean was in love with these dimples...














So that was Carnival. We got back to Chaguanas on Tuesday night, and I had just slipped my feet (Oh! De agony of de feet!!) into a basin of hot water when they got the Las' Lap truck started up with David Rudder's "Hallelujah". So off we went again, into the road, until we just couldn't take it any more. Midnight, all Trini stopped moving. The government complained that as few as 20 percent of Trini kids made it to school on Ash Wednesday in some areas... And the other 80 percent sat on the couch and rubbed the feet of their errant groaning parents.

On Thursday I gave TWO lectures at two different trade schools (my voice held out... just!), juggling a middle boy who wasn't feeling well with other factors of real life. It was fine. Carnival will keep me for a long, long time. Next year, when I am sheltering under an English bus stop watching the rain fall, I will try not to be jealous of all of you who didn't play mas' this year and WILL next year!

Comments

witchypoo said…
Dang! You know how to LIVE! And you look fabulous in your costume.
Love the sign on the wall, too.
Nan Sheppard said…
There were some really great signs. I need to keep the camera on me at all times!
i am the diva said…
wow, that looks amazingly fun!
Bee said…
I LOVE these pictures. I LOVE that you all there have such a great time...
GirlBlue said…
I'll think of you next year Nan, it was too sad staying home this year and looking at all the festivities on the TV
MS said…
Ah yes... next year will be MINE!! ALL MIIIINE!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Somehow I have this niggling feeling that I will be seeing you there anyway!
MS said…
Mikael is really Theresa though. I forgot to log him out.